VETERANS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VETERANS

Shards of dalaya Guild

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats in a name?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Promyvion

Promyvion

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:55 am

I see a lot of names out there in SoD and I was wondering, where did you get the inspiration for your character names?

Most of mine come from Final Fantasy 11, my favorite pay-per-play MMO. I Have Promyvion (Name of a series of mid level raid zones), Dynamis (Series of end game raid zones), Altana, (the creator of the world of FFXI), Mindartia, (the name of one of the continents), Kamlanaut (The leader of the primary city in the game)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitesboots.com/
croccifixio

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Croccifixio
Origin: Italian

Variant of Italian Crocifisso, meaning "cross; crucifix" or "way of the cross".

comes from a book "The Last Don" the main character is named Cross or Croccifixio. I really liked the book and the name was really unique so I decided to name a character with it. I guess its pretty fitting I think since I tend to crucify myself with my own spells alot heh. geek
Back to top Go down
mixtli

mixtli

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:01 am

Mixtli 65 Wizard

Got the name from my favorite book called Aztec witten by Gary Jennings, Mixtli is the main character whom is also knowen by several other names in the book, one is Fogbound which is another name I like to use but violates SODS name policy.

I highly recomend the book to anyone who likes fictional history.
Back to top Go down
Zekulan
Admin

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:33 am

Zekulan

65 Monk

Basically, the front part is from Rallos Zek, the god of war from Live, and the second portion is derived from a name my friend has always used, Rekulath. I had a character named Rekulan who was a monk on Live, so I figured I'd pull off half and half.

Not very imaginitive, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
croccifixio

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:12 pm

mixtli wrote:
Mixtli 65 Wizard

Got the name from my favorite book called Aztec witten by Gary Jennings, Mixtli is the main character whom is also knowen by several other names in the book, one is Fogbound which is another name I like to use but violates SODS name policy.

I highly recomend the book to anyone who likes fictional history.

MIX!!! where you been brother? You gonna be playing again??!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats in a name? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in a name?   Whats in a name? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats in a name?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VETERANS :: GUILD INFO :: Public Discussion-
Jump to: